The CERTIFi by Mercy University Medical Biller-Coder Program provides in-depth and specialized instruction aimed at furnishing individuals with the vital skills needed to effectively review medical records to identify, code, and bill for diagnoses, procedures, medications, or equipment associated with a patient’s care.
This program presents the opportunity for aspiring healthcare professionals to take on a crucial role within healthcare facilities, guaranteeing precise and streamlined management of patient records and financial transactions.
- Hybrid/Instructor-Led designed by Mercy University
- Led by Mercy University Health Services Faculty - Vanessa Sanchez
- Get certified in only 12 weeks!
- The medical billing occupation is expected to see strong growth in the healthcare industry as numerous recent state and federal reforms will make healthcare available to many more people.
- The New York State Department of Labor projects that the number of jobs for medical billing & coding specialists in the state will increase by 16% between 2020 and 2030.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the number of jobs for medical billers and coders will increase by about 7% between 2021 and 2031. This increase is due to expanding health services in some markets and churn due to retirement. There can also be more demand in certain markets.