This course is offered in partnership with MindEdge, an expert content provider in courses, bundles, certificates, exam prep, and simulations to help you reach your personal and professional goals.
If you're involved in a nonprofit organization, you likely know all too well the importance of budgeting. In this course, you will gain an understanding of the uses and functions of budgets and the relationship between strategic budgeting and tactical budgeting. You will also learn about the organization-wide budget and different budget systems. After introducing the basics of budgeting in a nonprofit, the course continues on to slightly more advanced budgeting topics such as capital budgets, cash flow budgets, and opportunity budgets. You will also learn how nonprofit organizations are using different budgeting techniques to handle operating challenges.
- Explain the uses and functions of nonprofit budgeting
- Describe the different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization
- Recognize the use of the organization-wide operating budget and program operating budgets
- Explain how an operating budget is created
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created
- Explain the importance of a cash flow budget and describe how it is created
- Recognize how the budget process can be managed for optimal results
IACET CEUs: 0.3
ATD CI Credits: 3
HRCI Credits: 3
SHRM PDCs: 3
CFRE Points: 3
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
This was a great course that provided an in-depth look into budgeting. Even with my past experience with budgets, this is the first instance of receiving knowledge on the pre, during, and post items related to budgeting.
Thank you for this course. I learned a lot about nonproft budgeting and plan to use my knowledge within my work environment.